Why Should I Donate Stock?
Making a gift of securities is simple and offers a number of valuable financial benefits:
- No capital gain to be recognized
- Full value of stock is tax deductible
- May qualify for Enterprise Zone Tax Credit
- Stocks, Bonds and most Mutual Funds are accepted
Please note: We may not be able to accept some mutual funds directly into our account. If you wish to make a gift of mutual funds, please contact us.
How to Donate Stock – Two Easy Steps
Step 1) Transfer Stock
Provide your broker or financial adviser with the following information:
- Fort Collins Rescue Mission Broker: Wells Fargo Securities, LLC
- Financial Consultant: Jeff Holliday
- Account Name: Fort Collins Rescue Mission
- Account Number: 1AB23469
- Contact Phone Number: 303.863.5392
- Email: Jeff.W.Holliday@wellsfargo.com
- DTC # 0250
Make sure that your name, address, and account number are included in the transaction to Wells Fargo. If your institution requires a letter of authorization, please use the following sample letter.
Sample Authorization Letter
To Whom It May Concern:
I am making a donation of the following securities to Fort Collins Rescue Mission. Please transfer them to account # 1AB23469 at Wells Fargo Securities.
______ shares of ______ stock.
So that Fort Collins Rescue Mission is able to identify these shares as my donation to their organization and thus acknowledge me for this gift, I ask that you please enter my name, account number, phone number, address, and/or broker information into the "Text Comment" field of the DTC screen.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. Please call me with any questions or problems.
[Name of donor]
[Donor phone number]
Step 2) Notify Fort Collins Rescue Mission
To insure proper crediting of your stock donation, please contact us or have your broker contact us using the form below to notify us that the transfer is underway.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Date of stock transfer
- Number of shares
- Name of stock
- Correct spelling of your name
- Your complete mailing address
- EZ tax credit intentions (If applicable)