Why Should I Donate Stock?
Making a gift of securities is simple and offers a number of valuable financial benefits:
- No capital gain to be recognized
- Full value of stock is tax deductible
- May qualify for Enterprise Zone Tax Credit
- Stocks, Bonds and most Mutual Funds are accepted
Please note: We may not be able to accept some mutual funds directly into our account. If you wish to make a gift of mutual funds, please contact us.
How to Donate Stock – Two Easy Steps
Step 1) Transfer Stock
Provide your broker or financial adviser with the following information:
- Fort Collins Rescue Mission Broker: LPL Financial
- Financial Consultant: Pat Alfano
- Account Name: Denver Rescue Mission
- Account Number: 7433-3257
- Contact Phone Number: 303.586.9435
- Email: Patrick.Alfano@lpl.com
- DTC #: 0075
- DTC Text Box: Your Name and contact info
If your institution requires a letter of authorization, please download a sample authorization letter here.
Step 2) Notify Fort Collins Rescue Mission
To confirm the proper crediting of your stock donation, please contact us or have your broker contact us to notify us that the transfer is underway. Please send the gift information below to Accounting@DenRescue.org. If you have any questions, please contact Chiyoko Yokota, the Fort Collins Rescue Mission Controller, at 303.313.2448 or CYokota@DenRescue.org.
Please provide the following information:
- Date of stock transfer
- Number of shares
- Name of stock
- Correct spelling of your name
- Your complete mailing address
- EZ tax credit intentions (If applicable)