Qualifications for Steps to Success
Steps to Success participants must be:
- At least 18 years old
- Willing to submit to random drug and alcohol testing
- Committed to being clean and sober
- Committed to pursuing employment or disability benefits income
- Open to sharpening their life skills
- Willing to address and correct self-destructive habits
- Interested in learning how to managing their finances
- Willing to work within a structured schedule
- Open to the message of Christ and engaging in Christian community
- Pro-active in addressing long-term obstacles that may hinder their success
If you find yourself homeless or have suffered from addiction, abuse or other negative and destructive habits that have caused you to become homeless, we invite you to join the Mission’s Steps to Success Program to make a lasting change in your life. In the program, participants are given the opportunity to become productive, self-sufficient members of society as they work toward living in healthy community relationships.
How the Program Works
The Steps to Success program is a faith-based, transitional program for adult men and women, lasting 3-10 months. The program begins with a 2-4 week candidacy stage where you learn about program expectations and discover if the program is a good fit for your needs.
Steps to Success is designed to:
- Provide participants with stability through shelter, meals, and case management
- Help address basic needs as you search for a job (or actively pursue benefits associated with a disability)
- Assist you in pursuing sustainable housing
- Expose you to the Good News of Jesus Christ
- Encourage involvement in positive, supportive communities like a local church or relapse prevention groups
- Provide basic life skills training through various strategic workshops
- Help you address any major, personal issues, such as legal obligations, medical concerns, mental health concerns, and financial hurdles, that may hinder your ability to become self-sufficient
- Resources, groups and assignments outside the Mission may be used to meet this goal
- Provide accountability as you accomplish basic case-management tasks that will increase your potential for successful re-entry into society
Are you ready to get started?
Submit your application for the Steps to Success program here. We'll review your application and get back in touch with you in two (2) business days.